Thursday 6 September 2012

First Day of School!

Yesterday it poured buckets.  Literally buckets of water.  Roads were unpassable and closed.  So when noone from my clinic showed up for last nights run I took myself to the mall for some shopping :)  And learned that I still can't find a pair of knee high boots that will zip up :(  I think this will be something that I deal with for the rest of my life. 

But I deperately don't want to spend another winter wearing my sneakers in the snow.  I want something that is flat, fashionable but not fancy.  As much as I want to be, I just am not.  So I want something a little more hiking but that can be worn with a dress/skirt.  I'm not asking too much, am I?

I was also tempted by a pair of jeans.  I have never spent more than $50 on a pair of jeans but I'm committed to building a good wardrobe.  It's a hard thing for me to do.  I don't think there has been a time in my adult life where I have entered a season and been able to wear all of my clothes from the last year.  I'm not interested in being that girl anymore.  I want to reach a size and stay there.  So I tried on a $100 pair of jeans.  And they buttoned but it wasn't pretty LOL.  Thankfully so.  My husband was kind enough to point out that I probably shouldn't spend $100 on a pair of jeans that I'm working towards being too big in 3 or 4 months.  Smart man, he is :)

Today was the first day of school for my oldest.  I'm so happy to start building routines for my business, my fitness and house.  Since I missed my run last night I went out at lunch time today.  It was still raining but more of a mist which was nice and cooling.  I ran a little beyond my comfortable zone and cut over a minute off my 5K time from last week WOOHOO!!  As soon as I got home I grabbed some energy chews and pressed play on 30 day shred. I could definitely feel the effect of running on my energy level.  And even after eating lunch I was starving.

I tracked and kept to mostly natural foods and ended up with a decent defecit for the day.  I changed my calorie goal to 1500 this morning.  If I am going to hit my 53 pounds I need to keep to that instead of thinking 1700 is good.  Crossing my fingers that I see 204 tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment