Monday 3 September 2012

Jillian Michaels and Fresh Inspiration

I own the infamous 30 day shred and have even done it a fair share of times.  In fact, in March I did it nearly all the way through, missing only a handful of days.  And I noticed a significant difference in the way my clothing fit.  But then I fell completely apart in April/May and haven't really done any strength training since.

For a while I've been planning on integrating it  back into my week once school started and I was feeling good about my running progress.  My plan was to do it M-F and take the weekends off, starting this Thursday (first day of school).  Well, today we went to the beach as it's a holiday and I ended up not going for my scheduled clinic run.  I was going to just count it as a rest day but after eating ice cream and popcorn and brownies (albeit healthy ones) I decided that I needed to flick the switch in my brain.  So I popped in the DVD and did level 1.  And halfway through, I decided to start today instead of Thursday.  Surely I can manage to fit in a 30 minute workout in the next two days.  Even if Ella needs to do it next to me :)

And I'm pulling out the prepregnancy jeans.  The last time I pulled them out was probably in March and although I could button them up, there was no way I was going anywhere in them.  Or sitting down for that matter LOL.  Prepregnancy weight is still 19 pounds away but I was fairly unfit back then and part of me is thinking I may be able to fit into them at a higher weight.

So Mondays will be my progress testing photo day.  Not sure if I will show the photos or not but I want to have them for me, at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment